• College in the High School 

    College in the High School (CHS) programs provide college-level academic courses in high schools for qualified students.

    To provide CHS classes, Trout Lake School contracts with a college or university. Together, we define the criteria for student eligibility. Each contract defines whether participation is limited to those students who want to earn college credit, or whether students who do not want to earn college credit may also take the class.

    At Trout Lake High School, we offer Math 153 and Math 154 (Pre-Calculus) for College in the High School credit through Central Washington University. You can find out more about the Central Washington University here.

    Advanced Placement

    Advanced Placement (AP) is a program created by the College Board which offers college-level curricula and examinations to high school students. Colleges and universities may grant placement and course credit to students who obtain high scores on the examinations. 

    At Trout Lake High School, we offer AP Language and Composition and AP Literature and Composition on a rotating basis. You can find out more about College Board AP classes here. 

    AP for College CreditThis is where you can look up each college or universities policy for granting credit based on your AP test score.

    We can administer any AP test for our students. They just need to let us know in the fall which tests they would like to take. Our online class provider Spokane Virtual Academy offers many AP classes including Statistics, Calculus and Computer Science to name just a few. Our students have scored well after taking online AP classes and were able to earn credit at the schools they attended.