High School students spend the day in the Columbia River Gorge
Trout Lake School District serves approximately 245 students in grades K-12. While enjoying the benefits of a small school, teachers consistently challenge students to meet and exceed state academic standards. The Trout Lake staff share a unified vision and work hard to meet the individual needs of each student. Located about 80 miles from Portland, Oregon at the base of 12,230 ft tall Mount Adams, Trout Lake residents enjoy a community-centered way of life.
- All Trout Lake Juniors participate in the Adventure Across America Classroom experience. This provides students with an educational trip in a different region of the country and involves service learning opportunities.
Elementary students participate in hands on learning opportunities including Destination Imagination, field trips, and Foss Science Kits.
Middle School students (grades 6-8) have specialized instruction in a departmentalized program.
- 26 credits are required for graduation from Trout Lake School including 4 years of math and 3 years of science.
- Trout Lake Graduates have attended such universities as Massachusetts Institute Of Technology, Cornell, Whitman, Scrips, Carleton College, California Poly San Luis Obispo, Cedarville, Washington State and the University of Washington.
- The High School Girls' Track Team has won three state championships.
- The elementary and middle school have creative problem solving Destination Imagination Teams and First Lego League.
- The school offers onsite Advanced Placement Classes, College in The High School, as well as over 800 online courses covering a wide range of subjects and interests.
- Trout Lake Robotics, The Iron Mustang Team 3711 has been Regional Champions two times and also participated in the National Championship twice. The team has achieved numerous awards over its 7 year run!
- The School District just built and 8 lane, all weather 400 meter track to better serve the students and communty of Trout Lake